Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More internship!

This week there has been another intern helping out. It's been nice having someone help fold towels and shadow the PT's. We are the same age, and she plays volleyball at Hollin's College.
Lately I've been able to help Johanna out more with getting people set up on ice and heat packs.  Today she even asked me to greet a client and get him heat while she was finishing up with someone else.  I was also allowed to feel a woman's neck in order to feel how certain muscles were atrophied compared to others. It wasn't extremely obvious, and it took a few tries to get my fingers in the correct positions.  The patient helped direct me, based on where Johanna's hands had just been.
Today, a lady came in with her MRI and she didn't understand any of the technical writing, so Johanna talked her through it.  I brought over the life size skeleton and helped point out a few bones and articulations.  Johanna was extremely good at explaining everything at a very basic level.  It's really fun to shadow her, especially because she takes the time to explain things to me, too.
The first day I was a little skeptical about all of this, but I'm really starting to find it fascinating!

12/13: 6
12/14: 7
12/15: 7
12/16: 7
12/17: 6
12/20: 6
12/21: 5
total hours: 44

No comments:

Post a Comment