Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fan Fiction: Part 2

So, I just spent an hour at seaco with Amy, where we were brainstorming our obsessions. I learned that Amy LOVES Gilmore Girls, french fries, some book series about a bounty hunter, the twilight books, Outback, The Notebook, Mean Girls, Taylor Swift.... the list goes on! She immediately would get extremely enthusiastic and would slightly bounce up and down in her seat from excitement. I, on the other hand, racked my brain for something that would make me jump for joy like her. We decided that I love eating, but don't like to cook. I love dancing, but don't know much about music. I know nothing about celebrities or movies or tv shows. I'm pretty lame, apparently.

Something that I really like to do, on the other hand, is explain to Amy (despite her lack of interest) the biology and chemistry behind all sorts of things, mostly fitness related stuff. Such as why bones heal faster than ligaments, why lactic acid is produced in muscles, even how we have evolved from monkeys. Once I even explained to her why ice cream gets slightly less sweet and becomes gritty over time. I love talking about this stuff! It was around this time, that my mind took me back several years ago to an AWESOME show that I would record on DVR all the time. This show is "Sports Science." I don't think any more episodes are being produced, but for the one month where I think I watched every one of them, I loved it. So there is my obsession: analyzing the science behind everything, but more specifically the science of sports. All of which, was captured in a TV show. Amy's gonna be mad, I'll probably dig up a lot more stuff to explain to her!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post and your last one--I'm not obsessed with much (if anything?), but I do love science! Learning about how the world works is the coolest thing ever! I think I might become a science teacher... someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're one of thoooooose people. Jokes, I love those science shows, my family thinks I'm weird too. I bet Amy just loves how you explain it to her too :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am really fan of your blog...gets solved properly asap.

    ReplyDelete